If you are looking for different immigration routes to Australia, you best believe you are on the right article. However, immigrating to Australia and acquiring your visa will rely on multiple factors, including your age, occupation, and country of origin. Although all visa applications are evaluated and processed using similar methods and criteria.
Affluent in natural amazement, astonishing beaches, and diverse wildlife, Australia makes an exceptional place for everyone. Moreover, with high performance in many dimensions of well-being, such as income, jobs, education, and environmental quality. Australia has improved the life quality for its citizens and the number of expats moving to the country annually.
Even though Australia is one country with a reputation for its strict perspective on immigration. It still has one of the highest immigrant populations of any country in the world. Just like many countries, some of the primary immigration routes to Australia are based on work visas, family visas, investment/business development visas, and refugees, among others.
Read on as we discuss different pathways to becoming a permanent resident in Australia.
Becoming a Permanent Resident in Australia
Just like Australia, different countries have numerous eligibility measures to become a permanent resident. Therefore, it’s possible to become a permanent resident of Australia if you fulfill the eligibility criteria. Some of the most familiar ways to obtain permanent residency include skilled work visas and family visas.
Furthermore, different tough eligibility requirements are available for each visa. This implies that you must establish to the Australian border authorities the reasons you qualify for the visa. In addition, you may qualify to apply for Australian citizenship after you hold permanent residence for the expected period.
Below are some of the immigration routes to Australia, Read on.
Immigration Routes to Australia
Planning to immigrate to Australia for work, you can apply for any type of work visa so far you meet its eligibility criteria. Most work visas are permanent visas, which will enable you to become a permanent resident of Australia. There are several types of work visas, therefore, getting a work visa might be an easy route to immigrate to Australia.
A lot of Australian work visas are given to highly qualified workers. However, you can apply for permanent residence or citizenship after staying for a limited time in the Australian territory.
Types of working visas
Business innovation and investment visa. The objective of this visa is to permit qualified business people to come and continue their investment activities permanently.
Business talent visa. This visa type is for people who are ready to invest at least AUD 1 million into a fresh or existing business. Furthermore, they may apply for this visa to permanently stay in Australia.
Global talent visa. Such a visa is for suitable individuals who have international recognition with a record of achievements. However, these achievements can be in the area of a profession, sport, arts, academia, or research.
Employer nomination scheme. This visa gives room for eligible individuals who are selected by an employer to come to Australia for permanent residency and work purposes. Subcategories in this visa type include the Direct entry stream, the Labor agreement stream, and the temporary residence transition stream.
Permanent resident visa (skilled regional). This type of working visa has been created for people who have lived, worked, or studied in a specified region in Australia on a relevant visa in the past.
Skilled-recognized graduate visa. This visa permits graduates who are below the age of 31 years old to stay in Australia for up to 18 months. However, this is applicable if they have completed an engineering degree at an eligible educational institution two years before application.
Temporary activity visa. This temporary visa allows eligible individuals to immigrate to Australia for temporary work and to take part in occasions endorsed by the Australian government.
2. Family Reunification
Australia allocates over thirty visas for family reunification. Therefore, you must select one type of family visa depending on your status. Keep in mind that not every family visa is permanent, so you should check to see which one fits your travel intent to Australia.
Below are some of the most prevalent visas under this category.
Child visa. This visa aims to allow children who are not Australian citizens to stay in Australia indefinitely, work, study, and apply for citizenship if eligible.
Dependent child visa. This visa permits the child to relocate to or reside in Australia until the government approves their parent’s partner visa application.
Parent visa. This visa category is designed to allow eligible parents to live in Australia indefinitely, work, study, and apply for Australian citizenship if eligible.
Partner visa. It’s a temporary and permanent visa that partners may apply for if eligible.
Prospective marriage visa. The visa type qualifies individuals to come and join their Australian-based fiancé or prospective spouse.
3. Student Visa
Unfortunately, a student visa does not result in permanent residency in Australia. However, if you are a student who intends to move to Australia for study purposes, you can apply for a student visa subclass 500. This is only possible if you meet the standards set by the Australian authorities.
Meanwhile, this visa type is only valid for five years and you must exit the country upon expiration. Students who wish to live permanently in Australia can apply for a permanent skilled work visa subclass 191.
Advantages and Disadvantages of Immigrating to Australia
Below are some of the advantages and disadvantages of immigrating to Australia.
1. Top-notch healthcare. Australia has one of the top-notch healthcare systems in the world. Also, the country provides secure and inexpensive health care for all residents and their families.
2. World-class education system. The Australian educational system is rated 3rd in the world in terms of quality. However, Australia sets international standards for superiority in education and their schools are among the most satisfactory in the world.
3. Employment opportunities. Australia offers one of the best average salaries globally. Although the job market is very competitive, you can find a job fast with the right professional credentials.
4. Free movement. Paraventure you become an Australian citizen, you’ll have rights to free movement in different countries. You can travel visa-free to about 185 countries in the world.
5. Safety. Australia is generally a safe country to reside in. Most cities in Australia are secure and safe, including big cities like Sydney and Melbourne.
6. Diversity. In addition, the Australian population is one of the highly culturally and linguistically mixed populations.
7. Climate. Are you a fan of warm weather? then Australia is your home, you’ll surely enjoy long and sunny summers. Although sometimes the weather can be inconsistent, most of the time it is very satisfying.
1. Living cost. Australia is one expensive country, and the average cost for essentials, clothing, and transport can be more expensive than in other countries. Of course, this would be determined by the area you reside in Australia.
2. Housing. In the majority parts of Australia, housing can be costly, especially if you live in a big city or want a beach view. Furthermore, you can find cheaper options in regional and rural areas.
3. Wildlife. Australia is home to many not-so-friendly species. You’ll occasionally encounter snakes, spiders, crocodiles, sharks, or other predators. So if you are easily frightened, you might want to rethink your decision to immigrate to Australia.
4. Isolation. Though Australia is a large country, the cities are spread far apart. This makes it challenging to leave your town for a day or two.
Can My Pet Follow Me To Australia?
There are a set of prerequisites you must meet if you desire to bring your pets with you to Australia. The Department of Agriculture, Fisheries, and Forestry identifies four different categories of animals depending on the country they are imported from. Therefore, you can bring your cat or dog directly from an approved country. In addition, your pets must undergo veterinary preparations and certification before bringing them to Australia.
Immigrating to Australia is one huge decision you have to think about. However, people apply for permanent residence in Australia because they get to live and work in any area of the country. Your family members can move in with you as well.
Also, your children get free education, while you can apply for citizenship after certain years. However, there is no single route to apply for Australian residence because there are several potential options available. Overall, immigrating to Australia is one great decision you should consider. Good luck!